HOUSTON WAGE & OVERTIME LAWYER
WAGE & HOUR DISPUTES IN TEXAS — CALL (713) 581-9001
If your employer owes you money or you have another type of wage / hour dispute, you should not hesitate to contact our firm at once! You may be feeling frustrated and even angry about the treatment you are receiving from your employer, but there are actions you can take to protect your rights.
Why Choose Our Wage & Overtime Attorneys?
- Defending hundreds of workers’ rights since 2001
- Selection for Super Lawyers® (top 5% of Texas attorneys)
- FREE case review available in person or over the phone
- Houston’s Top 100 Lawyers in Labor & Employment Law by H Texas Magazine
If a company violates your wage and hour laws, it can be held financially liable for the unpaid wages, liquidated damages, and attorney’s fees. We can help you collect the unpaid overtime that you deserve.
You may not be aware of your options, which is why our firm can provide you with a FREE case evaluation to help you get started.
CURRENT FEDERAL MINIMUM WAGE LAWS
As of July 24, 2009, the federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour based on the Fair Labor Standards Act. At Moore & Associates, our legal team can protect your rights if you are a victim of a minimum wage violation. For employees who are considered non-exempt, employers must pay time and half for any time that is worked beyond 40 hours in a given workweek.
Common wage & hour violations include:
- Not paying for all hours worked
- Paying straight time for overtime hours
- Having employees work “off the clock”
- Altering employees’ time sheets
- Incorrectly classifying employees as independent contractors
- Misclassifying employees as “exempt”
- Paying per-piece, per-job, or day rates
- Chinese overtime
Other Wage-Related Violations
Employers violate the law by not paying for all of the employee’s time spent working. This type of violation can occur in different ways, including when the employee is:
- Made to drive long distances but is not paid
- Taken off the clock between jobs within a shift
- Made to wait at a specific location and cannot leave
When employees are paid by commission but the amount is less than the minimum wage for the workweek, this situation is also a violation wage & hour laws. In some cases, the violation is much more direct, such as when an employer exploits the employee and pays him or her less than minimum wage.
Ways Our Firm Can Help You
If you have reason to believe that your employer has violated a wage and hour law, our firm is here to protect you. Our Houston wage & overtime lawyer can help you file a claim for a tip pool violation, misclassification as an independent contractor, Chinese overtime, class action/collective actions, or another situation that compromises your rights as an employee. Time limits are set in place to file a lawsuit to recover wages and obtain the money that you deserve, so act right away.