Since 2001, Melissa Moore has represented individuals against large corporations in Texas and throughout the country. She has considerable experience handling all types of employment disputes, including overtime and minimum wage claims, tip pool violations, breach of contract claims and claims of wrongful termination or discrimination. Ms. Moore represents employees in collective action and class action litigation concerning rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) and commensurate state laws governing wages.
Ms. Moore provides advice to clients regarding severance, non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements.
She advises her clients regarding numerous state law claims including breach of contract, quantum merit claims and defamation. Ms. Moore represents clients before the American Arbitration Association and administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Labor and the Civil Rights Division of the Texas Workforce Commission.
She also represents clients in matters involving
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Texas Payday Act
- Uniformed Services Employment
- Reemployment Rights Act
- Chapter 451 of the Texas Labor Code
While a law student at South Texas College of Law, Ms. Moore interned for Federal Magistrate Judge Marcia Crone of the Southern District of Texas, where she gained extensive exposure to the trial process.
Attorney Melissa Moore has been nominated for inclusion in the 2014 Super Lawyers ® list.
Lectures and Presentations
- “Representing Employees Before the TWC for Wage and Unemployment Claims-Employee”, 2009 Employment Law Institute, Oct. 2009.
- “FLSA: Spent Force or Rising Tsunami?”, 21st Annual Employment Law Conference, July 2009.
- FLSA Update: Exemptions, CEO and C-Level Liability, Liquidated Damages & Retaliation”, 26 thAnnual Employment Law Conference, July 2013.