The employment lawyers at Moore & Associates handle a range of employment law issues from wage and hour disputes to discrimination, sexual harassment, and wrongful termination. How can you choose the right employment lawyer for your needs and for your case? Here are some tips:
- Research. Read online reviews of lawyers and ask friends and family if they know of any employment lawyers. Look at online directories like Super Lawyers®, or read local magazines to see which lawyers are receiving accolades and reviews. Moore & Associates are consistently ranked highly in reputable publications. Our firm is included in the Super Lawyers® directory, and we have been ranked among Houston’s top 100 lawyers in employment and labor by H Texas Magazine. Take a look at our case results to see the excellent work we have done on behalf of our clients.
- Ask your lawyer if he or she handles cases similar to yours. Employment law covers a vast array of case types—from wage and hour violations to sexual harassment claims. A wage and hour violation case will involve a different area of the law and process than a sexual harassment case. Speak to Moore & Associates today. Our firm can review the details of your case and help you understand whether we are the right employment law firm to handle it. We handle cases including:
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Unpaid Wages
- Minimum Wage Violations
- Unpaid Overtime
- Tip Pool Violations
- Oil Field Unpaid Overtime
- Protected Leaves of Absence
- Age Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Religious Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Disability Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- And other issues
- Wage and Hour Disputes
- Read Moore & Associate’s website before scheduling a meeting. Understand your rights as much as possible and take steps to protect your rights. However, if you are facing an employment law issue, it may be wise to speak to an employment law attorney as soon as possible. Come prepared to your initial meeting with as much documentation as possible, including any letters you may have exchanged with your boss or employer, pay stubs, or any other information you believe might be important to your case.
- Come prepared with questions to ask during the initial consultation.
Choosing the right Houston, Texas employment lawyer might be the most important decision you might make when it comes to your employment law case. Moore & Associates are employment attorneys in Houston, Texas who bring passion, care, and compassion to the table, fighting hard for the rights of wronged workers in Texas. Whether you feel you might be owed back pay or wages, believe you may have suffered a wrongful termination due to discrimination, or are struggling because of sexual harassment, Moore & Associates may be able to help you.
Questions to Ask During Your Initial Meeting with the Employment Lawyers at Moore & Associates
Think of your initial meeting with your employment lawyer as a kind of interview. Come prepared with information about your case and come prepared to ask your employment lawyer questions about his or her background. Here are some questions to ask:
- How long have you been practicing employment law? Moore & Associates has over a decade of experience helping clients get the results they may deserve under the law. Our firm can review your case and help you understand how your case might proceed.
- Have you handled cases similar to mine before? Every case is unique, but Moore & Associates have handled a wide range of employment law cases, from wage and hour violations to sexual harassment claims and wrongful termination cases. After taking a look at your case, we can give you a better sense of the road map forward based on our knowledge of similar cases.
- Who will be handling my case? Moore & Associates can give you detailed information about which attorney in our firm will be handling your case and how you can contact him or her. Our firm works tirelessly to help our clients get the results they may deserve under the law.
- Do you think I have a strong case? Moore & Associates can offer you an honest assessment of your case. We’ll only move forward with you if we think we can get you a good outcome.
- Can I speak to other clients you’ve worked with? Consider giving other clients a call to get a better sense of their experience with the law firm. Moore & Associates are happy to let you speak to our past clients.
If you are facing an employment law issue, you might be owed back pay, might be facing wrongful termination, or may be suffering in a hostile work environment. Moore & Associates are Houston, Texas employment lawyers who are here to help. Visit us today to learn more.
Schedule an Initial Consultation with Moore & Associates
If you are facing an employment law issue, time is of the essence. The time to talk to an employment lawyer regarding your case is now. You may want to interview several employment lawyers before making your choice. Schedule an initial consultation with Moore & Associates today.