Unpaid Overtime Claims in Houston

Legal Help from Our Houston Employment Law Attorney

At Moore & Associates, we have nearly 15 years of experience representing individuals who are entitled to overtime but are not being paid for it.

Pick up the phone immediately and contact our Houston overtime lawyer if any of the following are true of your situation:

  • You are owed unpaid wages for overtime work.
  • You were paid less than time and a half for overtime.

Overtime Laws in Texas

Many employees in America are entitled to overtime wages at a rate of one-and-a-half times their regular rate of pay.  Employees must pay tipped employees overtime as required by law.

Only certain types of employees are exempt from overtime, including:

  • High-level managers
  • Administrators
  • Professionals

Information for Salaried Professionals

If an employer is mistaken and pays a worker by salary or commission but should have been paying hourly wages with overtime, it is considered misclassification. Employees who are misclassified could be owed a substantial amount of money from their employers.

Even if you are paid a salary rather than hourly wages, you may still be entitled to overtime and have a valid wage claim. Many employers who only pay a salary but should be paying hourly with overtime are violating the law if the employee works more than 40 hours per week.

Schedule a Free Case Evaluation with Moore & Associates

Do not hesitate to obtain the helpful legal guidance that you deserve if your employer owes you wages and you are ready to put up a fight to obtain what is rightfully yours.  You will need to take immediate action to ensure that your rights are protected.  Whether you are paid a salary or hourly wages and are not being paid for overtime that you deserve, we encourage you to get the legal help you need.

We have the experience you can trust in to protect your rights. Schedule a free case evaluation with our overtime attorneys in Houston at your earliest convenience for the legal guidance you require for your unpaid overtime case.